Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring has Sprung...


Last year, around the same time I was planting my Sunflowers, I planted something else...a hydrangea bush for Ezra. Our garden is small, and I can't say I'm the most of skilled of gardeners, but I truly delight in planting things and watching them grow. Gardening is one of the things I dreamed about doing with Ezra when he was old enough to help, just as I had 'helped' my Dad in his gardens as a kid. Now gardening is just one of the many things in life he never got to do.
During my pregnancy with Micah, I didn't allow myself to dream of the things I'd do with him, not much anyway. I didn't fully believe he'd make it here alive, not until I heard his cry. But those dreams for what I would have done with Ezra are of course dreams for Micah too.
Now that the weather is getting warmer, Micah and I have been spending as much time as possible outside. Today I took him out back to see how his brother's bush has sprouted. I can't wait until he can help me take care of it too.

9 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

Good to see how much everything has grown and changed in one year. You, Micah, the hydrangea bush. Such a big year for so many of us. Glad to have shared so much of it with you, sweet friend.
xo

still life angie said...

Watching the season's change and the world come alive again always makes me reflect on the last year. Ezra's hydrangea bush and Micah's sunflowers, what a beautiful garden you have created, Sarah. xo

k@lakly said...

I hope they both grow and thrive throughout many, many, many seasons.

It's amazing isn't it, how we see things, how the passage of time changes with every turn we take in this life.

Looking forward to seeing pics of both:)
xxoo

Danielle said...

Ezra's hydrangea is growing beautifully- a lovely reminder of your lovely boy. So glad Micah is growing so beautifully, too.

Michele said...

What a beautiful post...

CLC said...

Glad to "hear" from you! I bet Micah will love to help you one day!

Kristin said...

This post really tugged at my heart.

Paige said...

So beautiful. Can't wait to see a picture of little Micah watering his brother's flowers when he's a bit bigger. xo

Sara said...

It's nice to have something to tend (if we can't tend to our babies). I've loved having Kathleen in the garden with me. Wait til next year—I bet Micah will love playing in the dirt with you.