Saturday, February 14, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



Thanks CLC for tagging me for the Honest Scrap Award.

The rules of the award:1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.


10 honest things about me:


1. When I was a baby, my mom was convinced I would never learn to talk and yelled at my dad for speaking “baby talk” to me. The family joke is that once I learned to talk, I never stopped talking…Still haven’t.


2. As a kid I was painfully shy. I outgrew that toward the end of high school and ever since have been extremely outgoing. Now I’d like to go back to hiding in my shell.


3. Despite having grown up in the suburbs, I am inherently a city person. My brother is not – he prefers to be in the middle of no where. We call each other city mouse and country mouse.

4. I met my husband two years before we actually started dating – I thought he didn’t like me. He was friends with lots of people I was friends with, but not with me. I don’t doubt he likes me anymore – we love each other to pieces.


5. My commitment to social justice, or the Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) has always been part of who I am. I can’t even begin to tell you where or how it began.


6. I’m extremely stubborn. A wonderful trait in some contexts, terrible in others.


7. Despite the fact that everyone close to me always assumed I would be a lawyer, I never wanted to be a lawyer….until I met lawyers who use their degrees to change the world. And so I joined their ranks. Some days, I still question how I ended up here.


8. Our cats (Red and Zora) run our house. We call it the cat ranch. They provide endless entertainment.


9. I am an endless klutz. I trip, drop things, spill things. Particularly if I’m tired. You don’t want to be around me in the kitchen if I’m tired.


10. I love making plans and then seeing them to completion. I planned to be on maternity leave this year. Too bad for me the universe had other ideas.

So forgive me if any of you have already been tagged, but I tag Monique, ElmCityDad & ElmCityMom, Aliza, My Amazing Husband, Cara, and Rach for giving us the Honest Scrap.

8 comments:

Dani819 said...

I'm a klutz as well- if I make it through the day without spilling something on myself or bruising myself on something totally random, it's a major victory.

Barbara said...

I just found a new bruise on my hand... goodness knows where it came from. Klutziness?

Hope's Mama said...

Yes for me on 6, 8, 9 and 10. Although it is our dog who rules the house here (and sleeps in bed). Don't judge me.

k@lakly said...

Our cats like to think they rule the roost but....

I preferto think of my klutziness as my house being haunted. It works for me.:)

Anonymous said...

You through & through!

Cara said...

Thanks for this. It is so nice to get to know people as the join this road.

Lani said...

thanks for tagging us! though we have yet to play, but we will. its nice to learn things about our new friends...and our kitties rule our house too.

aliza said...

thanks for the tag...will get on it asap. i agree it's great to learn more about you sarah. and i can be a klutz too.