Thanks CLC for tagging me for the Honest Scrap Award.
The rules of the award:1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
10 honest things about me:
1. When I was a baby, my mom was convinced I would never learn to talk and yelled at my dad for speaking “baby talk” to me. The family joke is that once I learned to talk, I never stopped talking…Still haven’t.
2. As a kid I was painfully shy. I outgrew that toward the end of high school and ever since have been extremely outgoing. Now I’d like to go back to hiding in my shell.
3. Despite having grown up in the suburbs, I am inherently a city person. My brother is not – he prefers to be in the middle of no where. We call each other city mouse and country mouse.
4. I met my husband two years before we actually started dating – I thought he didn’t like me. He was friends with lots of people I was friends with, but not with me. I don’t doubt he likes me anymore – we love each other to pieces.
5. My commitment to social justice, or the Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam (repairing the world) has always been part of who I am. I can’t even begin to tell you where or how it began.
6. I’m extremely stubborn. A wonderful trait in some contexts, terrible in others.
7. Despite the fact that everyone close to me always assumed I would be a lawyer, I never wanted to be a lawyer….until I met lawyers who use their degrees to change the world. And so I joined their ranks. Some days, I still question how I ended up here.
8. Our cats (Red and Zora) run our house. We call it the cat ranch. They provide endless entertainment.
9. I am an endless klutz. I trip, drop things, spill things. Particularly if I’m tired. You don’t want to be around me in the kitchen if I’m tired.
10. I love making plans and then seeing them to completion. I planned to be on maternity leave this year. Too bad for me the universe had other ideas.